Following California Department of Public Health and the California Dental Association recommendations, we are re-opening starting Monday, May 18th and we are ready to help you with your oral health care needs.
Your well-being is our top priority. Although, many infection control safeguards have always been a part of our practice, we are now taking new additional precautions when it comes to your visit to our office. to ensure additional protection for your next appointment, please note the following:
- If you have any Cold or Flu-like symptoms we kindly ask that you reschedule your appointment.
- Please wear a mask or cloth face covering to your appointment, and we will have hand sanitizer available for use upon arrival.
- We will screen patients over the phone or via online form before appointment and then again when you present to our office.
- We have Covid-19 Antibody tests available and will ask patients undergoing procedures that produce heavy aerosol to be tested before appointment. Only a drop of blood from finger is needed and we will see test results in 10-15 minutes.
- For the immediate future, we will not use our waiting room for patients or family. We will utilize a "virtual waiting room" to minimize patient to patient contact. Please call our office when you arrive for your appointment but remain in your car or meet a staff member outside the entrance if one is stationed there. A member of our team will greet you outside.
- Upon your arrival we will perform a non-contact body temperature check, evaluate Oxygen level and ask you to sign a waiver confirming that you are symptom free.
- We have secured an adequate supply of masks, gowns and face shields to treat our patients.
- High volume suction equipment will be used to minimize aerosols created during cleanings and other appointments (the treatment rooms already have this!).
- We will continuously disinfect commonly touched surfaces such as doorknobs, countertops, pens, iPad, etc. (anything someone might touch from the front desk to the treatment room) at high frequency.
- We are adding Ultra HEPA+UVC air filtration units. These units are individually equipped to filter room air and disinfect it in addition to current HEPA filers.
- We ask patients to practice physical distancing in office.
- We ask that patients avoid bringing friends and family with them to their appointments as they will be asked to stay outside or in the car. Exceptions will be made for children or those with special needs, and those attending the appointment with them will also be required to go through the screening process.
- We have removed all magazines, communal refreshments, and the treasure chest from the front office. Bottled water and prizes will still be available upon request.
- The number of patients in the office will be limited with extended time between appointments to support patient distancing and leave extra time for air filtration and disinfection.
- Patients will use a pre-treatment rinse prior to any aerosol generating procedure. This has been shown to be effective at killing bacteria and viruses for a short time, so even if a patient does happen to be a silent carrier of the virus, this will significantly decrease the viral load in their mouth and the environment!
- All team members will be screened daily with temperatures taken and asked to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- Our team will wear additional personal protective equipment to keep them safe and have all been trained on the latest practices for minimizing transmission of the virus.
Rest assured that we will stay up to date with all new developments, and will implement all recommended protocols designed to keep you and our team safe while here in the office.
We deeply appreciate your trust and loyalty, and hope to return that with the honest, high quality care we love to provide to you and your family. We have all missed our patients as well as each other and are overly excited to see everyone back at the office!
Contact us today to schedule your next appointment.
Best wishes to you and your families!
Dr. Seraji, Dr. Silberberg and Dr. Shimoyama