At Magnolia Dentistry, the health and safety of our patients, our doctors and staff is our top priority. The past week has brought significant developments and an increase in concern regarding the COVID-19 virus spread across North America, and we have witnessed extraordinary steps to limit exposure and protect the public. Here are the steps we have taken:
Minimizing risk for our patients and staff through in person contact
In observation of government mandated social distancing measures, and recommendations by the American Dental Association and California Dental Association, I have decided to suspend non-essential or non-urgent dental care at the office until Monday March 30th at which time we plan to return to our normal schedule. This may have to be extended based on advice from authorities.
Please ignore missed appointment reminders. If you have confirmed an appointment set for a time before March 30th, please call us at 818-846-9041 to reschedule your appointment to a later date. My office will also be calling patients with upcoming appointments to possibly adjust dates and times. Alternatively, you can use the button below:
We will be available for emergencies
Emergencies are: presence of pain or infection and for other conditions if non-treatment would severely inhibit normal operation of a patient's teeth and mouth or negatively impact their health in the next three to six months. We plan to have staff members in the office during the day to answer phone calls, change appointments and to answer your questions.
We have implemented a safety protocol which includes the following:
- Any staff who is experiencing symptoms of any kind or who has any member of his or her household showing signs of illness will be required to stay at home
- Each patient will be called and pre-screened prior to the scheduled appointment. The screening process will include a series of questions to ensure that the patient is asymptomatic and has not been in contact with any other ill individuals
- Any patient with any symptoms or in contact with a symptomatic person will re rescheduled
- Our schedule will consist of routine gaps, in between patients, to allow for extra sanitization of the treatment rooms above the normal requirements and to minimize wait times.
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning procedures in our office following CDC and public health guidance.
- We will use all electronic records to prevent cross contamination from handling paper charts
We ask our patients to do the following:
- Please Do not bring additional friends or family members to your appointment. Allow them to wait for you in the car.
- If you are experiencing symptoms (like fever, sore throat and cough) or have been in contact with any person experiencing symptoms. please call us and reschedule your appointment to a later date.
We always have and will follow strict infection control procedures which include:
- Disinfection of surfaces with hospital grade disinfectants
- Sterilization of instruments using modern sterilizers that are spore tested frequently for proper performance
- Use of disposable instruments and covers
- Use of personal protective equipment, such as disposable masks, gloves, eye protection and gowns
During these challenging times, we stand by our commitment to create healthy smiles through healthy practices. We are making every effort to keep our patients and employees safe without compromising on the care we provide. I want to personally thank you for being a valued patient.
Be safe and stay healthy
Dr. Shimoyama, Dr. Silberberg, Dr. Choe
2800 W. Magnolia Blvd. Burbank, CA 91505